Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Best Looking Yard On The Block...Not Really


Things have been crazy busy since we moved into our new home. We really enjoy it, but I have found, and my Dad agrees with me, that a home can suck the time and money right from of you. I have been trying to get our yard looking okay. I found out by talking to a all of my neighbors that before the previous owners moved out, they just turned off the sprinklers and let the grass die. They thought it would get enough water from the rain. Um.. I don't think so; we live in a desert! Jeremy and I have been hoping that it would come back with a little love, but that has not worked. So the past few weeks I have fertilized, pulled weeds, sprayed weeds, raked ALL of the dead grass (which consists of most of our yard front and back), and we also made sure our sprinkling system works, and is ready to go this season. Now we are going to take this to the next level. Tomorrow we are going to till up our yard, and start from scratch. We have never done this before, so wish us luck.

1 comment:

syerke said...

Hi Nat! I am finally getting around to finding your blog from Lindsays! It looks like you made your way back to Cedar! How exciting! Your kids are adorable. We really enjoyed your Christmas card. Keep up the yard work. It will all pay off one day.