Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Time Has Come, The Time Is Now


Dr Seuss says it best in his book Marvin K. Moony Will You Please Go Now! "The time had come, so... Marvin went."
Dax is now a little boy getting ready to go to Kindergarten. I, unlike in the book, am not ready to to send Dax off to kindergarten. I think Dax is like Marvin. At the end of the book when it was time for Marvin to go, he happily went.
Yesterday I took Dax to South Elementary, home of the Eagles, to register for Kindergarten. We got all of the paperwork filled out, Dax's eyes and ears tested, and turned in. He is ready to go. On the way back to the car Dax told me that he didn't want to go to kindergarten yet because he is just a little scared. I told him that I wasn't ready to let him go yet either. We will wait and see how we feel come the end of Summer. Maybe I will be asking him to "go in an old blue shoe" or to "get a Ga-zoom" and "go with a....BOOM!". Maybe by then he, and I will be more than ready for the time to come.
I love my Dax Man, and have a hard time seeing him grow up so fast. That goes for my other children as well.

3 comments:

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Tears came to my eyes reading this! I can't believe how big Dax is getting...he will love school though! Poor Logann..I hope she gets in a good routine soon! I don't know how you do it. You're the mom of moms!

amber said...

I can't believe he's old enough to go to school!

Devin and Becky said...

I feel the same way. I am not ready to have Jaxton go to school yet. I think he is just excited to go to kindergarten just from hear say. I have been debating on even sending him cause his bday is late July so I could technically wait. aghhhhhh.. but exciting at the same time..