Monday, August 18, 2008

Coaching Volleyball


I recently had the opportunity to take a position as an assistant volleyball coach at Delta High School. I have always wanted to coach on the High School level, and now I finally get the chance to. At first I was not sure if I could juggle work and kids, but I was assured by Deb, the head coach, that everything will work out. She has got lots of connections with a lot of girls that are more than willing to help watch Dax and Riley. So far it is going very well. Last week we had tryouts, and now we are starting practice. Next week is our first game, and I am anxious to see which team I end up coaching. I will either be with the JV, or the Freshmen. I never thought that I would ever say this, but... GO RABBITS!

3 comments:

amber said...

That's awesome Nat! I've always wanted to help coach, but not exactly take over a team. Yikes. Good for you! You'll do awesome!

Casie said...

Who is the coach? Is it Deb Sperry- used to be Sperry? Anyway, which Deb in town? Heck yeah, go rabbits! That's cool that you're getting involved with my good ole' alma mater. Hearing that you're going to be there makes me miss the good ole' palladium! Congrats! Good job on the running, too. That's awesome.

Inspired said...

Nat you will be an awesome volleybal coach!!! I am way excited for you to change these girls lives! Go Rabbits!