Monday, August 18, 2008

Running Millard County 5k's

This picture has nothing to do with this entry, I just like it. This summer my Dad, Jeremy and I have been training for a triathlon in Sept. As part of our training, Jeremy and I have entered into some of the local races in Millard County. Our first race was in Hinkley, where Jeremy and I both took 2nd place in our age divisions. The second race was the Millard County fair race in Delta. Jeremy took 2nd again in his age division and I won the overall women's division, and they race director said that I was only 4 seconds off from breaking the womens record. That sounds pretty cool to be the overall winner, but this race was a lot smaller than the others that we have raced in. Still, on that day I was the fastest woman in Delta, UT. The last race of the summer was Saturday in Oak City. It was all down hill out of the canyon, so Jeremy and I are still hobbling. Jeremy wasn't feeling very well, and he ran it in 24:12. That was my fastest 5K race time ever. I ran it in 23:29. I did have an advantage. I was pushing Dax and Riley in the stroller, or I should say that they were pulling me down the mountain. I did not try to hold back and slow down, I just let my legs go, and I flew down the mountain. I had a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Your 5K time was like twice as fast as mine was last year... I dream of the day I can be as buff as you!

amy hunter said...

Hey Natalie! This is Amy Christensen (now Hunter)from the good ole Bingham volleyball team... how are you? McCall recently commented on my blog...and I saw yours! You have a darling family! That's great that you are coaching volleyball, sounds like a blast! Just wanted to say hi!
amy
p.s. check out my blog wearehunters.blogspot.com

The A.Wahls said...

Way to go! And I'm so excited you are coaching volleyball -you'll be great!