Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lake Powell

There has been a good reason that I have not been keeping up on the blog. We have been at Lake Powell with my family. Every year in the last week of July and first part of August we all go to Lake Powell to get away from everything back at home. This year we drove down to Halls instead of parking it in Bullfrog. I think that Powell is so beautiful, I consider it my heaven here on earth.
This year was much different than those in the past. We had three little ones to look after and to keep cool. Dax was looking forward to this vacation months in advance, almost every day he would ask if it was our turn to go on Papa Mark's boat, and he was so excited when we were finally there on the lake. He did not stop for one minute for the first two days. He had no fear of the water, which is a good thing and at the same time a bad thing. On the back of the houseboat there is a water slide that has about a five foot drop to the water from the end of the slide. I thought that maybe by the end of the trip he could go off of it with us, but he asked Jeremy if he would go with him the very first day. I thought for sure he would be a little afraid or shocked when he came up, but before he could wipe his face or take another breath he said, "Let's go again!" He also tried slaloming, wake boarding, wake skating, and tubing but his favorite was jumping off of the back deck of the houseboat with his arms spread out and eyes wide, yelling, "To infinity and beyond!" Andrea found a Spiderman fishing pole and Dax imediatly took claim to it and wanted to fish every minute of that day, and the next.
I must say, it was a challenge trying to keep Riley, and her chubby cheeked cousin, Ryan cool. Almost every hour we had the two little girls in the water. The two little girls loved kicking around in their little yellow tubes, and the only place that they took a real nap was on the ski boat. Everywhere else was too hot for them to sleep. It seemed as soon as the engine started up their eyes became heavy, and were shut until everyone was done taking their turns on the skis, or wake boards.
Jeremy is getting so good on the ski. Before the trip he had been reading some tips online that would he could use to help him cut harder. I must say that those tips helped because he skied a lot harder, and he looked so good...almost as good as my Dad.
This year was my first year back that I wasn't pregnant, so I tried to wake board again. It was like riding a bike. I got up just fine, and had a fun time with it. I can't do anything awesome like McCall, so I just go out and have a good time. On the last day I decided that I needed to learn how to ski because I was the only one who didn't know how to do both, wake board and ski. I got up just fine, but I was pretty scared once I got going, I screamed a lot. I tried it again, and felt a lot better. I will keep trying to get better. I just love being out on the lake.
Well, all good things come to an end, and we had to clean up and hand the houseboat over to the next family. We were sad to go back home, but at the same time we were looking forward to the next Lake Powell trip in September.

No comments: