Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sarah's Wedding Cake





Sarah Norton (now Lewis) is one of my friends, Jeremy's assistant, and my second cousin. She asked me to make her wedding cake. I was able to practice and learn a lot from my mother-in-law, who is the master cake maker. She let me borrow all of her cake supplies, and answered all of my questions. I had a lot of them. This was a great cake to do because Sarah essentially let me do whatever I wanted. Pretty much, the only thing she told me to do was keep it simple, and have it be chocolate filled. The middle "cake" was fun to do because it was "rice crippie treats." (that is how my sisters and I say it.)
After many hours of preparation, stress of the unknown happening and ruining the cake, the final product was completed.
The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was setting the cake up, leaving it for an hour, and coming back to it all gone! All that work and it is gone in a blink of an eye. It was worth it, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I hope to do a lot more....

2 comments:

Alex and BreeAnn said...

Nat! The cake turned out so good! It's beautiful!

amber said...

Nice work! It's beautiful.